Deacons of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
Deacons in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada (ELCIC) are baptized and theologically trained persons who are called and ordained into a rostered ministry which gives particular attention to where the church intersects with the world. Deacons use their prophetic voice to boldly speak the needs of God’s world to the church and to faithfully work alongside all the baptized and people of goodwill to bring actions of God’s grace to those in need.
ELCIC Deacons have specialized areas of education, expertise and competency which are reflected in the diverse expressions of their ministry. Deacons value relationships, collaboration and community partnerships and serve as catalysts and initiators with others inside and outside the church.
ELCIC Deacons strive toward forming an intentional community, connecting in a variety of ways to support one another and participating in continuing education opportunities. As servant leaders, deacons model the service they encourage in others and equip the baptized to live out their own call to diakonia: to serve, advocate, work for social and climate justice, and bear witness to God’s love in the world.
- Anglican Deacons Canada/Angli-Diacres Canada (ADC)
- ASSOCIATION FOR EPISCOPAL DEACONS
- DIAKONIA OF THE UNITED CHURCH OF CANADA
- The Deaconess Community of the ELCA
- THE ELCA DEACONS FOR ECUMENICAL ENGAGEMENT AFFINITY GROUP
- Deacons of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
- Igrea Evangélica de Confissao Luterana no Brasil
- LUTHERAN DIACONAL ASSOCIATION (LDA)
- The Order of Diaconal Ministries, The Presbyterian Church in Canada
- United Methodist Office of Deaconess and Home Missioner
- Wesley Diaconal Community – Methodist Church of the Caribbean and the Americas
Follow Us on Facebook